Visual Journalist, South China Morning Post - Hong Kong
To help develop the Graphics department’s award-winning portfolio of standalone visual stories. The role requires someone who can research their own narratives, handle multiple projects, and design immersive multimedia stories across platforms.
- Collaborating with a team of artists, editors, reporters and writers, to create data-driven infographics for breaking news
- You will also have the opportunity to craft evergreen multimedia experiences for investigative features which will involve front-end programming
- Ideal candidates will have a portfolio demonstrating a strong use of typography and design, the creation of original maps and graphics and have experience working with illustrators for digital platforms
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, design, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience creating multimedia graphics
- Expertise in standard design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects
- Knowledge of data visualization and UI design
- Experience with QGis, Google Maps API or Mapbox
- Experience handling large open-data APIs
- 3D modelling and animation software like Cinema 4D or similar
- Database handle software like MySQL or similar
Click 'Apply' now.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy/.
You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.