Market Reporter - Asphalt, Argus Media - NY / TX
*Spanish fluency required*
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options, and improved analytical tools
We are currently seeking a reporter to cover the rapidly growing market for asphalt and related products in the Americas.
- Conduct market assessments; pricing both wholesale and retail markets.
- Lead company coverage of markets and industry news in the Americas, with an eye on the development of coverage in South America, Mexico, and Canada.
- Write commentary on markets, news, and related analysis
- Edit stories and market comment from contributors and other Argus staff and offices
- Maintain and grow relationships within the market with buyers, sellers, producers, transporters, traders and other companies and parties that operate in that market. Work with teams both nationally and globally to coordinate coverage and assessment work
- Meet rigorous compliance standards for price reporting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, or relevant field. Advanced degree a plus
- Knowledge of commodities, particularly in the refined products markets
- Experience editing and writing in a fast-paced, wire-style environment
- Analytical mind, quantitative analytical skills a plus
- Networking skills, public speaking skills and understanding of sourcing standards and journalistic best-practices in developing and handling source relationships
- Strong reporting and writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on a deadline
- Spanish language ability required
Click 'Apply' now.
Argus is an independent media organization with almost 950 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers.
Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers.
Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus
- Group pension
- Group healthcare and life assurance
- 10 company-paid holidays
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
Click 'Apply' now.