Editor, Channel Middle East - Dubai
Talented editor needed to take charge of leading tech brand – Channel Middle East.
ITP Media Group is seeking talented and intelligent editor to take over the reins of its tech channel publication.
Established over 15 years ago, Channel Middle East has become an indispensable and widely respected read for the regional channel community.
Its content is tailored to the needs of the region’s IT distributors, resellers and systems integrators, providing invaluable information enabling them to grow their business.
The successful candidate will have at five years’ experience on a B2B title, have working knowledge of the IT industry and possess enthusiastic and outgoing attitude.
ITP Media Group looking for someone with the vision to drive the editorial development of the magazine and its associated digital platforms, as well as lead and manage the brand's awards programme and other brand extensions.
Strong print, web, social media and video publishing skills are necessary for this role. Experience with Indesign, and Premier Pro is a must for this role. Familiarity with in the Middle Eastern region is desirable.
- Project management of print publication, including flat planning, proofing and page approval, developing and executring front covers.
- A range of editorial tasks including writing, copy editing and headline writing.
- Publish stories daily on channelmiddleeast.com and send out daily news alerts
- Manage and maintain the social media accounts for Channel Middle East
- Deliver welcome addresses at Channel Middle East conference and awards, and where necessary act as roundtable moderator.
- Create original content to drive tarffic to the brand's site.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the online traffic targets and develop a strategy to achieve those targets.
- Interview senior figures in the technoloy industry from around the region and use this material both online,social and in print.
- Work with designers, photographers and editorial colleagues to improve the presentation of the magazine.
- To raise visibility of Channel Middle East through your presence at events and one on one interviews.
- To work closely with commercial teams ( print,online and events ) to help brand achieve revenue targets.
- Ensure Channel Middle East delivers essential business intelligence to its audience of industry professionals ( hoteliers, owners, industry suppliers )
- Ensure accuracy of all facts, figures and names in the magazine and website\
- Create content that is valuable to readers and offers commercial opportunities
- Own, manage and lead the brand's awards and conferences programme
- We are looking for someone who has exceptional editorial capabilities.
- Great writing and subbing skills with sound political judgement.
- Someone with strong commercial awareness and an ability to filter technical information.
- Advanced organisational and project management skills, concise communication skills and sound understanding of publishing. Someone with good problem solving capabilities and who is a self starter.
- Creative, Flexible and hard working with lots of ideas.
The role is tax-free and based in the coastal city of Dubai.
To apply, please send over CV, samples of your work by completing the application form below.