Content Editor, Hotelier Middle East - Dubai
ITP Media Group is looking for an experienced content editor to take charge of Hotelier Middle East, the industry leading business site for hotel operators.
Established 18 years ago, Hotelier Middle East is the number one industry publication for hotel operators and owners.
With at least 3 years experience working as a features editor or deputy editor. Proven track record on delivering online audiences is vital.
- Plan content for the website ensuring that the features list is adhered to.
- Understanding Google Analytics, trends and news to enhance traffic on side.
- Understanding and using social media channels to drive traffic to the site.
- Champion online content for the site and social media across the team
- Host regular content meetings with the team and constantly update the monthly content plan for the site.
- Ensure the timely publication of all newsletter ( including the non-core magazine newsletters)
- Know and understand the site's historical traffic drivers.
- Hit page impression, sessions and unique visitor traffic targets.
- Build level of engagement with social media audience
- Keep abreast of changes with SEO and social media methodology
- Understand and respond to the cultural context in which we operate.
- Source high quality pictures, using ITP photographers wherever possible.
- Search out informative data and make creative use with infographics either for the sites or social media channels.
- Ensure the accuracy of all facts, figures and names
- Create content (print, digital, video, social) that is valuable to readers and offers commercial opportunities
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with sales
- Own, manage and lead the brand's awards programme.
- Promote brand extensions, including awards and conferences and develop effective content plans for them; highlighting how they can be used to maximise traffic.
- Set an example with your enthusiasm, personal conduct and approach to solving problems
- Contribute content to Caterer
We are looking for someone who is passionate, dynamic, proactive and tenacious and likes to work in a multicultural environment. An individual with a sharp eye for news, with excellent knowledge of social media, SEO techniques and Google analytics.
Someone who will be able to generate plenty of contacts and ideas, have excellent project management skills and be comfortable writing video scripts and presenting stories to the camera.
Candidates should appreciate that the role is in Dubai Media City, Dubai and office based, however travel on shoots and projects may be required. Official hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm however out of hours work and event attendance is expected.
Please complete the application form below with a copy of your CV, a cover letter and writing samples reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for this role.