Research Editor - Due Diligence, Dow Jones - NJ
The role of the Due Diligence Research Editor is to research and write high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available sources and proprietary databases.
The Research Editor is also required to collaborate with other Research Editors in the DD team and the wider Data Strategy research team when necessary, and ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
The Research Editor works closely with the other members of the Due Diligence team (Quality Analysts and Managers) and their fellow researchers to ensure that the reports and any other projects meet client requirements in terms of accuracy and timeliness by following Dow Jones quality standards.
They will also contribute to the creation, maintenance and testing of guidelines, data and tools that will support the team to produce the highest quality data possible, and may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
- Fluency in English AND in at least one of the following: Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Portuguese or Spanish. Fluency in other languages is a plus
- Excellent English writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
- Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence is a significant advantage
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs and politics; specialist legal, business or financial knowledge an advantage
- Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information. Ability to handle large volumes of information. Prior experience in research an advantage. Knowledge and understanding of public records desirable
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Excellent organisation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word
- Team player with a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work, willingness to accept feedback and take ownership of tasks and issues and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion, ability to adapt readily to changing requirements
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its clients
- Ideally educated to degree level
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).