Leisure Kicks, Freelance Journalists
LK (Leisure Kicks) is looking for freelance writers, subbers, proofers, web editor and web content writers.
LK is split into three sections:
- LIFESTYLE: sections covered include sport and technology, nutrition/food, getting active (open section with fitness, new sports/activities, how-to sections illustrated etc), health, beauty, travel, great outdoors, family active)
- PLAY SPORT: NGB (national governing bodies) section sign posting readers to get involved in their sport, 3-step moves, star athlete Q&A
- CENTRE FINDER: listing sports and leisure centres, info on boroughs, highlighting facilities
The role(s) do not require to be office based and ideally, we are looking for committed, enthusiastic and passionate writers who love sport and fitness.
The main aim of the guide is to promote getting active at any levels whether you are joining your local squash club, trying a taster Pilates session or volunteering at a parkrun.
Roles we have freelance positions for are:
- Writers: both in print and online content producing engaging features
- Proofing: checking all aspects of content before it goes to design
- Subbing: all sections in print need to be subbed before they go to design. Knowledge of InDesign required
- Web editor: a refresh of leisurekicks.com is being planned and we need an editor to stay on top of content online and commission, edit and look after content online.
LK (Leisure Kicks) is an annual sports and leisure guide highlighting grassroots initiatives, local sports and leisure facilities. The print edition is now in its 13th year and the website is being refreshed this year.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below with the position you would like to apply for and include your most recent CV.