Features Writer, Hotelier Middle East - Dubai
ITP Media Group is looking for an ambitious and talented features writer to lead and define excellence across Hotelier Middle East.
Established 18 years ago, Hotelier Middle East is the number one industry publication for hotel operators and owners.
With at least 2 years proven experience in news journalism, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a natural talent for writing and chasing stories. A relentless ability to hit deadlines is essential as are the skills to get to grips with a wide range of business topics.
- A range of editorial tasks, including writing,copy editing and headline writing.
- Publish stories daily on hoteliermiddleeast.com and send out daily news alerts.
- Contribute to the social media accounts for Hotelier Midlle East, when required.
- Act as a roundtable / Event Coordinator, where necessary.
- Work closely with the online editor to conceive new ways of driving traffic.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the online traffic targets and work with the online editor/editor in chief to develop a strategy to achieve those targets.
- Interview senior figures in hospitality industry from around the region and use this material in both online,social and in print.
- Work with designers, photographers and editorial colleagues to improve the presentation of the magazine.
- To raise visibilty of Hotelier through your presence at events and one on one interviews.
- To work closely with commercial teams (print, online and events) to help the brand achieve its revenue targets.
- Ensure Hotelier delivers essential business intelligence to its audience of industry professionals (hoteliers, owners, industry suppliers).
- Ensure the accuracy of all facts, figures and names in the magazine and website Create content that is valuable to readers and offers commcercial opportunities.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years experience as a features writer or deputy editor.
- Degree in Business / English / History / Journalism and someone who has worked on a similar B2B magazine or has experience within the catering or hospitality industry.
- Someone who will immerse themselves in to the Hotelier Middle East brand guidelines instantly.
- An understanding of the broader media landscape is essential, both as a consumer and professionally.
- They must be flexible and have a can-do, positive attitude which shows they are respectful, responsible and dedicated, and by default demonstrate passion, brand understanding and leadership.
Candidates should appreciate that the role is in Dubai Media City, Dubai and office based, however travel on shoots and projects may be required. Official hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm however out of hours work and event attendance is expected.
Please apply with a copy of your CV, a cover letter and writing samples reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for this role and send it by completing the application form below.