Staff Writer, NREI - NY
NREI is an industry-leading publication covering the commercial real estate industry with a focus on finance and investment. NREI produces a website and daily newsletter as well as a monthly magazine.
The applicant must be familiar with best practices in digital storytelling and journalism and be comfortable with reporting and writing on a financially-oriented industry.
The staff writer would produce two to three pieces of content per week, be in charge of NREI social media presence, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, attend industry conferences to provide coverage of industry trends and help with the tasks of running the NREI website, e-newsletters and magazine production. These tasks will include editing copy, posting content online, scheduling newsletter blasts and related activities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English
- An excellent understanding of using social media to promote published content
- One to two years experience reporting/writing for an established publication, with a demonstrable published article portfolio.
- Previous experience covering business/real estate topics is preferred, but not required.
The candidate for the staff writer position should demonstrate well-developed reporting and writing skills, an in-depth understanding of using social media for content-promoting purposes and an interest in and ability to learn concepts commonly discussed in commercial real estate circles.
The person should display the ability to be a team player and be willing to work extra hours or attend events out-of-town when necessary.
- Clear focus on business results
- Detail-oriented, organized, can-do attitude
- Thrives in a deadline-focused work environment
Click 'Apply' now.