Producer, Consumer Reports Video - NY
A creative content developer conceiving of and executing a range of digital and broadcast visual work for Consumer Reports Video.
- Generates short and long-form ideas for digital videos and CRTV news reports; works closely with all CR stakeholders including Editorial, Advocacy, Labs, Survey, & Communications to script, shoot, voice, and produce content.
- Conceives and executes compelling video storytelling-techniques that may include text, user-generated content, social media components, graphics and other strategies that surface in the industry.
- Books internal and external experts and sources for stories. Scripts video reports coordinating with necessary stakeholders including those in Tech, Edit or Survey.
- Coordinates with Web editors, social media team and distribution partners to get videos published and optimized for traffic and impact.
- Oversees video production in CU labs; field-produces reports off-site, including at the Auto Test Facility in Connecticut.
- Performs rough edits of digital and CRTV video packages.
- Obtains required approvals from appropriate Technical, Survey, Editorial and Legal staff.
- Stays abreast of developing trends in digital production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) with at least three to five years of experience in digital video or broadcast TV production.
- Strategic creative skills and strong writing skills essential. Must be able to work in self-directed capacity and to conceive and execute compelling visual story-telling techniques
- Can translate complex technical information into informative and entertaining video reports.
- Ability to manage and lead in a cross-organizational capacity required.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere editing, Google Docs, and Apple OS
- Bilingual in English / Spanish may be required based on needs of position.
- May be required to maintain a valid driver's license if utilizing a company vehicle.
Click 'Apply' and please include a link to your reel on your resume or cover letter.