Market Reporter, Argus Media - NY
Argus Media is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information to the energy industry and other commodity related markets. Argus benchmarks are used globally throughout the energy sector for formula pricing in contracts, as a taxation reference, in investment planning and for a variety of other purposes.
This position provides real-time coverage of the marine freight industry, including but not limited to making pricing assessments, writing market analysis and breaking news, and/or covering events such as press conferences and industry gatherings. The reporter also collaborates with colleagues on other teams and in other regions.
- Collect and calculate marine freight costs for oil, coal, and other commodities in the international and Jones Act shipping markets, adhering to rigorous compliance standards.
- Oversee methodology relevant to coverage, which includes timely communication of needed changes, additions or deletions.
- Expand contact base within the marine freight industry, including shipbrokers, ship owners, market analysts, oil traders, and port agents.
- Write market commentaries, news, analysis and market outlooks; develop graphs and charts within Excel to illustrate trends and analysis; communicate this information in a timely manner to management and subscribers.
- Work with and interview freight industry experts; research industry trends.
- Contribute to presentations as directed by management.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key market contacts.
- Maintain existing databases and build new databases for designated products.
- Cover conferences and events (some travel required).
- Adhere to strict deadlines.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to other Argus departments.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, geography or relevant field
- Demonstrated goal-oriented collaboration skills, with strong diplomatic and problem solving ability
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position
- Competitive salary
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
Click 'Apply' now.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled