Senior Reporter - Intellectual Property, Bloomberg Law - VA
Bloomberg Law has an opportunity for a senior reporter to join our intellectual property news team.
We’re looking for a dynamic writer who is hungry to break news, uncover and report larger trend pieces, features and analysis, and leave our competitors in the dust. You’ll work with a team leader and other reporters and editors to produce high-impact stories that guide our readers through important developments in patent, trademark, copyright and trade secrets law.
Our ideal candidate has subject matter expertise, the ability to write clear, engaging copy on tight deadlines, and an appetite for diving into data to look for compelling stories.
Bloomberg Law provides legal, regulatory and legislative news and analysis to large law firms, corporate counsels, and government relations professionals. We’re part of Bloomberg BNA, one of the biggest newsrooms in the Washington, DC area. We have more than 200 reporters and editors covering the most important legal, regulatory and tax news.
- Develops and covers the patent law beat, from court cases to trend stories.
- Consistently breaks news.
- Files breaking news alerts, intraday stories and final write-throughs.
- Identifies and reports on trend pieces and other enterprise.
- Incorporates multimedia storytelling in reporting, including graphics and video.
- Develops and consistently maintains high-level sources in the government and private sector.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Mastery of reporting and writing skills required to product news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline.
- Proven ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state judicial, regulatory and legislative processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in journalism.
- Candidates will be required to pass a writing test for this position
Click 'Apply' now.
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.