Editor-in-Chief, Harper’s Bazaar Arabia - Dubai
ITP Media Group is looking for an ambitious and talented Editor-in-Chief to lead and define excellence across its 11-year-old Harper’s Bazaar Arabia brand.
The definitive voice of fashion, female empowerment and style for women across the GCC, Harper’s Bazaar Arabia spans print, online, video, social media and live events.
With at least 8 years proven journalism experience, the ideal candidate will oversee two websites (Arabic & English), multiple social media platforms, a monthly magazine, supplement magazines including Bride & Junior and a series of events.
This position will report in to the Publishing Director.
- To be Harper’s Bazaar Arabia’s Brand Ambassador, Advocate and Spokesperson to both readers and the marketing and communications industry.
- To strategically lead and direct the editorial team on the creation and production of all editorial content; across the monthly magazine, digital & social platforms, content used at reader events and any other brand extensions.
- Proven leadership skills to manage and motivate a team.
- Savvy in digital media and strategies.
- To develop a digital editorial strategy and editorial calendar that works in tandem with print and social media.
- Execute a content strategy for monthly editorial themes.
- To manage the flatplan of each issue of the main magazine, special editions and bespoke supplements.
- To take ownership of the cover story, shoot and interview for each issue, maintaining the international standards of the magazine with exclusive interviews.
- To write and edit accurate and engaging copy, displaying journalistic discipline and rigour which is aspired to by the team.
- To plan and edit content syndicated from Hearst’s international network to ensure local relevancy.
- To understand the consumer market and be able to lead the editorial team to connect and communicate with the discerning women reading the magazine.
- To recognise regional talent and create a platform to celebrate and showcase these people and brands on an international level.
- Experienced in brand management with a keen understanding of the target audience.
- Guarantee editorial excellence on all platforms.
- To ensure all content is exclusive, engaging and relevant to the GCC reader.
- To manage the budget to produce the magazine under tight deadlines.
- To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle East.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, dynamic, proactive and tenacious and likes to work in a multicultural environment. An individual who is accountable, socially smart and extremely organised with high attention to detail, someone who uses their own initiative and loves to communicate as part of a team. Someone who will immerse themselves in to the Harper’s Bazaar Arabia brand guidelines instantly.
An understanding of the broader media landscape is essential, both as a consumer and professionally. They must be flexible and have a can-do, positive attitude which shows they are respectful, responsible and dedicated, and by default demonstrate passion, brand understanding and leadership.
Candidates should appreciate that the role is in Dubai Media City, Dubai and office based, however travel on shoots and projects may be required. Official hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm however out of hours work and event attendance is expected.
Please apply by completing the application form below with a copy of your CV, a cover letter and writing samples reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for this role.