50 Best, Deputy Editor
3 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to: Group Editor
50 Best is seeking a skilled content editor with excellent writing, presenting and organisational skills, and experience of running a website.
This is a senior role managing the brand’s editorial and branded content output as part of an expanding team. An interest in food and drink is essential and specialist knowledge of the mixology/bar sector a major bonus.
The successful candidate will work across the 50 Best global portfolio, which includes The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, The World’s 50 Best Bars, Asia’s 50 Best Bars, Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants and Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, as well as the #50BestTalks series of live discussion events.
Together, these brands celebrate the greatest restaurants and bars across the world, providing original content and thought leadership to a global consumer audience.
With events taking place across the world, as well as an ever-expanding content output, this is a challenging and exciting role on an innovative and international brand.
This role is based in our office in Crawley and involves frequent international travel.
- Management of 50 Best website, including: content strategy; scheduling; content creation; commissioning and editing (words and images), plus some interviewing and writing
- Management of Content Creator and potential additional content role
- Conceiving, commissioning and co-ordinating content at #50BestTalks live discussion events
- Hosting live events – on-stage discussions, press conferences, dinners etc – where required
- Web stats/analytics and reports (overall and sponsor-specific where required)
- Sponsor campaign concept co-creation and project management
- Liaison with key personnel at restaurants and bars on the list
- Oversight of editorial content for printed programmes for events
- Event marketing material writing and editing
- Management of content gathering and output on site at events
- Management of content budgets
- Deputising for Group Editor where required
- Strong writing, copy editing and commissioning ability
- Experience in creating, managing and delivering successful web pages and websites (including CMS experience and HTML knowledge)
- Drinks/bar sector passion and a knowledge of gastronomy
- Exceptional spelling and grammar, plus proof reading skills
- Ability to multitask and remain unflappable under pressure
- Ability to conceive, commission and co-ordinate content at live discussion events
- Presenting skills and experience
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Video editing skills ideal (Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Photo editing skills ideal (Photoshop)
- Language skills a distinct advantage – Spanish and/or Portuguese in particular
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for 50 Best, Deputy Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly