Print Strategy Manager, The Wall Street Journal - NJ
The Print Strategy Manager contributes to the success of the Print Group by successfully strategizing, managing, and executing programs to ensure 1M WSJ and 300k Barron's print circulation, evaluating new business opportunities for the Commercial team, and providing Business Ops support as needed on print projects.
Success will be achieved by ongoing evaluation of circulation risks and opportunities, appropriate prioritization and thoughtful execution of programs to fill any related circulation gaps, as well as ongoing collaboration with other teams to identify and implement ways to improve EBDITA (eg: new programs and/or improved efficiency).
- Seek out and evaluate new business opportunities in support of Commercial goals, including Amenity, Reprints, and Single Copy businesses (eg: new verticals)
- Support Commercial team by liaising with Marketing and Procurement to develop effective sales collateral, (eg: sell sheets, SCS promotional materials, retail racks)
- Manage budgets and forecasts for circulation programs and Commercial channels.
- Provide Business Ops support for new print projects as needed (eg: new magazine)
- Collaborate within and without the Print Group to identify and manage opportunities to improve efficiency (e.g: reduced comp subs)
- Champion Print. Challenge status quo to ensure ongoing health of print products
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing and executing circulation campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of print circulation business.
- Proven ability to thoroughly and objectively evaluate options, recommend courses of action, and make decisions.
- Working knowledge of AAM/ PwC guidelines, and operational requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills; an independent worker
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to fluidly cross departmental boundaries to effectively influence, persuade, and collaborate in matrix environment to get needed information and support.
- Financial expertise- ability to monitor performance, improve EBITDA, and manage budgets.
- Analytical skills and good judgment; confidence to question status quo
- College degree or equivalent.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).