Product Design Internship - Summer 2019, The Wall Street Journal - NY
4 days left
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a Design Intern to join the WSJ Product Design team.
The WSJ informs readers of the events and decisions that drive the world forward. As a member of the Product Design team, you will be a voice and advocate for users of our website and apps, learning about their goals, desires and preferences.
You will learn from and work alongside the product design team and user experience researchers to create beautiful and coherent experiences that our readers love. Ultimately, you will be helping shape the future of how we deliver news to our customers. This is a paid internship lasting 10 weeks.
What you'll do
- Help the Product Design team define interactive experiences within WSJ and its network of digital products
- Learn from a multidisciplinary team including Product, UX Research, Editorial and Engineering
- Focus on and take ownership of a project or initiative that spans the course of the internship
- Implement design direction within the WSJ design language system
- Communicate across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
- Help develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Stay informed with design trends and techniques, and proactively pursue knowledge for professional development
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for identifying and solving problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Familiarity with digital product design best practices and procedures
- Experience with applying experience design, information hierarchy, user flow and typography principles
Click 'Apply' now. Applications are due by Jan. 31, 2019. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).