Sports Social Media Producer, NOLA Media Group - LA
In search of a creative Sports Social Media Producer to join our team
As a Sports Social Media Producer based in New Orleans, you will play a key role in helping to shape our strategy through creating and sharing unique socially-driven content while engaging with audiences obsessed with what's trending with the New Orleans Saints, LSU Tigers and New Orleans Pelicans.
This position is for a strong visual and social thinker with a passion for sports. We are looking for someone who can create their own social cards and videos with viral potential.
We're looking for someone willing to experiment, not afraid of change, open to hard work, brainstorming, collaboration, big ideas and taking chances.
This person is passionate about creating shareable social content and finding winning ways to build an engaged audience.
This role will require someone to continuously analyze performance of social content and re-evaluate tactics based on metrics. We're seeking someone who innovates and quickly adjusts based on results.
- proficient using Adobe Premiere
- ability to translate content into graphic form
- dexterity with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator active social media presence
- proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
- experience producing written and visual content, including video
- solid understanding of grammar and ability to write clean copy
- desire to be part of, spark and add to cultural conversations around sports
- recognition and understanding of evolving social tools and trends
- social media monitoring and analysis skills
- self-starter and a multi-tasker
- ability to work individually and collaboratively
- experience using social media management tools
- enthusiasm for and willingness to discover all things related to sports in Louisiana with an emphasis on New Orleans Saints, LSU Tigers and New Orleans Pelicans
NOLA Media Group is a digitally-focused news organization encompassing all content, marketing and sales operations for NOLA.com and The Times-Picayune.
By bringing together the quality journalism and in-depth coverage of The Times-Picayune with the up-to-the-minute information of NOLA.com, we are ensuring the communities we serve have 24/7 access to what's happening locally and around the world.
The Times-Picayune has won multiple Pulitzer Prizes, including two for its coverage of Hurricane Katrina, and most recently NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune, together with WVUE-TV Fox 8, earned a Peabody Award for its groundbreaking investigative series on Louisiana campaign financing.
NOLA Media Group is a part of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus.
For more information about Advance Local, please visit advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.