Sports Videographer, NOLA Media Group - LA
NOLA Media Group seeks a Sports Videographer to set the standard for our local multimedia content with proven strength in social media strategy, strong graphics skills and a hunger to innovate (see links to examples below this advertisement).
The ideal candidate brings passion to this sports position with a strong understanding of the New Orleans Saints and LSU Tigers, as well as the New Orleans Pelicans and high school football recruiting.
This role will be the cornerstone of a team of multimedia storytellers. To succeed, the filmmaker must be able to tap into the psyche of the fans and make videos and social posts that are highly shared. We are looking for someone who thinks cinematically and has work presented in a dramatic, humorous or exciting fashion.
Within Advance Local, we have seen this type of success and garnered national attention with examples routinely being shared through national media outlets.
The best person for this job will want to work at the speed and pace of the teams they cover and will seek to own the space where this content clashes with the competition. You should strive to rise above all others at all times.
Internally, we want you to teach and mentor your teammates to bring them up-to-speed on everything from software to hardware to strategy. The more people we can bring along, the stronger our team will be.
We are looking to move quickly so when applying, please provide a production reel/links to your work.
To be a qualified applicant for this role you will need:
- A combination of education and/or experience in video production including a strong track record of success.
- Professional experience with a camera. General understanding of lenses, live audio, and camera operations. Intuitive sense as to what works socially on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. You will set our strategy socially in the coverage of these teams and their fans.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite. Specifically, Premier Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. After Effects experience is a HUGE plus.
- At least 1 years working in and around the news cycle. A keen understanding of how sports fans consume news and information on the Internet.
- The ability to produce quality work quickly and comfortable in breaking news environments.
- The ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience.
- The ability to shoot and edit video. The ability to appear on camera is a plus.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment, to brainstorm and share unique ideas.
- Experience covering a variety of assignment topics including breaking news, with an emphasis on sports.
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) practices.
- The demonstrated ability to capitalize on high-value topics by engaging audiences with frequency and urgency.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed, to provide 24/7/365 media coverage. Such a schedule will include nights and/or weekends.
- The ability to travel.
Links to examples
- Commitment video: youtube.com/watch?v=_jWh8qtWrHc
- Hype video: youtube.com/watch?v=Z92BUjV9FWc&t=106s
- Meme, speak to the fan: facebook.com/CrimsonTide.alcom/videos/1878786218815391/
- Humor for the fan: facebook.com/CrimsonTide.alcom/videos/1449463108414373/
- Innovative social video: youtube.com/watch?v=A0j8Uz94tYQ
NOLA Media Group is a digitally-focused news organization encompassing all content, marketing and sales operations for NOLA.com and The Times-Picayune.
By bringing together the quality journalism and in-depth coverage of The Times-Picayune with the up-to-the-minute information of NOLA.com, we are ensuring the communities we serve have 24/7 access to what's happening locally and around the world.
The Times-Picayune has won multiple Pulitzer Prizes, including two for its coverage of Hurricane Katrina, and most recently NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune, together with WVUE-TV Fox 8, earned a Peabody Award for its groundbreaking investigative series on Louisiana campaign financing.
NOLA Media Group is a part of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus.
For more information about Advance Local, please visit advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.