Retail Week, Digital Engagement Lead
We're looking for a Digital Engagement Lead to join our team in London.
You will be our digital champion who will drive subscriber engagement across all our digital platforms, as well as lead our efforts in social, search, newsletters and content optimisation; you will have proven experience growing and engaging audiences and inspiring others to do the same.
As part of our Content team, your key responsibilities will include:
- The ability to use data to inform day-to-day decision-making in the core content team
- Establish content best practice and implement standards across wider RW team
- Resident SEO expert for content, champion its importance and update content team with the latest advice
- Own our social media output, encourage journalists to engage on social platforms
- Interrogate analytics to uncover trends and action changes accordingly
- Develop our big four engagement channels: direct, organic, social, newsletters, and find new ways to engage our subscribers beyond these big four
- Work closely with the product team to plan and implement any platform changes required to serve the content strategy
- Familiarity with analytics is essential: you will be comfortable extrapolating insight from data and have the ability to select and track KPIs across the team. We’re looking for someone who can come up with bold hypotheses, figure out how to test them and turn the lessons into action
- The ability to optimise the channels we currently use to promote our stories and also brainstorm new approaches to under-utilised platforms. Energy, imagination and a track record of putting new systems into place are all strong qualifications
- An in-depth knowledge of what other publishers are doing to reach more people digitally and how they are growing revenue through subscriptions
- Technical skills and experience to find new readers for our ambitious longform stories as well as our smaller features
- The ability to build strong relationships and manage stakeholders across the business is essential
- Goal-oriented – to be clear on what you are trying to achieve and how you will achieve it
- Clear and effective communication skills, both in person and electronically
- Familiarity with basic HTML and an interest in graphic design is desirable
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
About Retail Week.
We offer news, insights and data from the retail industry to a global audience. We’re experts in our field, occupying the number one space in our sector with an unparalleled well-established reputation.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, high-performing team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you to be flexible to do your best work.
Retail Week is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Click 'Apply' now.