Senior News Editor, Trucks.com - CA
1 day left
- Full Time
This position is the lead editor for Trucks.com commercial vehicle and automotive industry coverage.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to, business and economics as it applies to the freight and logistics industry; technology such as autonomous driving and electric vehicles; and the introduction of new commercial vehicles ranging from small cargo vans to large Class 8 trucks. Regulatory and labor issues also a major component of the coverage Candidates must be self-starters, able to work productively on their own.
- Strong editing, writing and reporting skills.
- Ability to generate high-level story ideas and assignments.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to juggle the editing of multiple stories.
- Ability to develop work with a cadre of freelance writers and correspondents.
- Ability to travel, sometimes internationally.
- Ability to work in a digital-only format; proven blend of digital skills like social media best practices and web production.
- Help conceptualize photos and graphics.
- Ability to supervise staff writers, including employees who work remotely.
Trucks.com editorial offices are in Long Beach, Calif. Management prefers this position be staffed in Long Beach.
Daily newspaper or daily publishing experience desired. Familiarity with economics, trucking, freight and logistics is a plus,
Please email resume and references by completing the application form below.
Trucks.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Trucks.com is a news site that covers the transport, logistics and consumer automotive industries and is the 2017 winner of the Motor Press Guild news article of the year.
Our content follows breaking news in commercial trucking, including labor, financial and regulatory issues, as well as new product developments. We also report on advancements in safety and autonomous technology as well as alternative fuel vehicles.
Our coverage of the consumer market centers on advancements in the light truck segment – pickups, SUVs, crossovers and vans – sales and market analysis, new product announcements, vehicle reviews and how people use trucks to pursue active lifestyles and adventures.
Trucks.com started in March 2016 and is headquartered in Tampa, Fla., with an editorial office in Long Beach, Calif.
Apply for Senior News Editor, Trucks.com - CA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly