Product Management Internship - Summer 2019, Dow Jones News, Alerts & Data - NY
Dow Jones News, Alerts, and Data team is seeking an agile, smart, energetic undergraduate student to join our team for Summer 2019.
We're looking for someone with a background in Finance and top notch analytical skills. You'll be working closely with both our Professional Information Business Sales team and our Finance team to analyze, report, and document customer information and product feedback.
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented and a fast learner. You'll be learning about our Product Management processes and tools, as well as the various systems to analyze and report on user counts, feedback and commercial terms.
We're looking for a go-getter with the desire to contribute to our fast paced and technology driven work environment. You must also work well with diverse teams and be able to take on initiatives and lead projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze and report on trends in user feedback
- Identify gaps in marketing collateral
- Conduct an analysis of commercial terms across our client base
- Normalizing product names by analyzing and documenting product names or conventions in our different systems (SFDC opportunities, Document Assembly, CIBS, Actuate, Rate Cards, Commercial Policy page, JIRA, Wizeline, and more)
- Updating user counts by conducting analysis in Billing records and comparing to the data in our Customer records
- Currently a rising college sophomore, junior, or senior
- Intellectually curious, willing to express thoughts freely
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Financial Analysis
- Superb Interpersonal, presentational and written skills
- Able to prioritize manage and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems and convey these solutions simply, in the form of presentations, prototypes and specifications
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Well rounded personality and experiences
- Finance, Business Administration, or related background
- Click 'Apply' now.
- Cover letter: In your cover letter, answer the following:
- Describe in detail the most important user workflow in your favorite app (i.e. how specific features in that app are used to accomplish a task). Describe one improvement you would make to that workflow if you could redesign the app.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2018
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).