Social Media Editor, MarketWatch - CA / NY
4 days left
- Full Time
MarketWatch seeks a social media editor to join our engagement team.
You are the primary manager of our social media accounts, and help to craft and execute engagement strategies for all of MarketWatch's platforms.
You will play a crucial role in MarketWatch's daily coverage of trending news, and write stories on a regular basis on trending topics and about the intersection of social media and finance.
You are the social-media evangelist in the newsroom, and will help set best practices as well as train people on how to use social media as a reporting tool.
What we're looking for:
You have a sharp eye for social-media trends and an interest in finding innovative ways to work them into MarketWatch's coverage of the world of money.
You are a first-rate multitasker, and can switch seamlessly between acting as reporter, editor, and social media producer. You are able to work independently to pitch and pursue your own ideas, while also being the ultimate team player on collaborative projects that span across different teams.
You understand how to use data to make informed decisions, and are passionate about building engaged audiences on social media and beyond. You are an excellent communicator, and are excited to work cross-functionally and maintain relationships across a wide range of teams at Dow Jones.
This position reports to MarketWatch's Engagement Editor, and can be based in San Francisco or New York City.
- Identify, pitch, and write stories about trending topics.
- Write and curate content for social media platforms. Ensure posts reflect MarketWatch's tone and voice.
- Cover events and breaking news live across social platforms.
- Train reporters and editors across the newsroom in social media best practices.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media announcements, trends and emerging technologies.
- Produce and edit images, charts and gifs for social media.
- Analyze social-media traffic.
- A minimum of three years of journalism experience
- Working professional knowledge of most major social media platforms, especially, Twitter and Facebook
- Familiarity with image editing software, including PhotoShop and Illustrator
- Ability to identify social threads, conversations, memes and topics early in the trending cycle
- Familiarity with social media content-management systems, and data analytics tools
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).