Pub Ocean, Freelance Writers
Freelance Writers Needed For Fast-Growing Start-up
Exciting opportunity for talented Freelance Writers with a flair for viral online content to work with Pub Ocean, one of the fastest-growing publishers on the internet.
Over the past six months, Pub Ocean’s leading site, Scribol.com, has had more than 22 million visits, making it one of the top-300 websites in the U.S., according to Alexa.com.
The role will involve working remotely, in close contact with members of the editorial team. Have a look at our site; a degree of cultural fit is important for the role
Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing skills – consumer-facing publication experience preferred – with the ability to accurately put information into one’s own words
- Solid picture sourcing skills, ideally with some knowledge of image editing software
- Ability to cope with deadlines while maintaining a consistently high level of quality
- Ability to liaise with editorial team members
- Strong ideas-led approach to content creation
- Knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML
- Adaptability to subjects as diverse as history, human interest, pop culture, lifestyle, crime and science
- Ideally NCTJ qualified (or with equivalent experience)
The People We’re Looking For
At Pub Ocean, we value trailblazers who have great ideas and relish a challenge. We value loyalty and hard work, but we also welcome a sense of humour and people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- You’re an excellent writer and are passionate about creating engaging content for different audiences on a variety of platforms.
- You’re highly self-motivated, solutions-driven and a stickler for quality. You have a “can-do” attitude.
- You’re productive and work fast, but this is coupled with meticulousness, good editorial sense and commercial nous.
- You have a high degree of personal organisation and are able to plan ahead and manage your time to meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re passionate about the latest developments in online publishing in general and viral content in particular.
- You’re a fast learner and are open to constructive criticism.
- You work well within a team.
To apply, complete the application form below.
IMPORTANT: When applying, please include:
- Three Scribol.com topic areas that you’ve covered and/or are excited about covering in your writing
- The maximum number of hours you would be available to work in a given week with Pub Ocean
- If possible, a maximum of three professionally published pieces of content that you’ve written (attached or embedded as links in your cover letter)
Pub Ocean’s websites are online magazines covering an awesome mix of the most bizarre, funny and fascinating news on the planet. Our aim? To entertain and inform readers about offbeat and extraordinary things they’ve never seen before – with content that will surprise and inspire while offering a unique take on what’s going on in the world. In short, we want to make people go “wow!” – and learn something, too.