Digital Editor, Condé Nast Traveller ME - Dubai
Reporting to: Editor-in-Chief
The Digital Editor will primarily be responsible for growing traffic and engagement and creating content across cntravellerme.com as well as the brand’s other social and digital platforms.
They will be part of a dynamic team that works closely together across all platforms and as such may be required to contribute to other areas of the brand. The position reports to the Editor-in-Chief, but the ideal candidate will be capable of good decision-making and self-supervising on a daily basis.
- Responsible for web traffic. Simple.
- In conjunction with the publisher and editor-in-chief, develop strategy for web.
- Plan, write, commission, edit, fact-check and proof content for web.
- Oversee newsletter content curation and dispatch strategy.
- Work with the editor-in-chief to ensure ALL content reflects overall content / editorial strategy and brand values.
- Determine what medium is best suited for a particular content piece and work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc. to make it live on deadline and on budget.
- Ensure Condé Nast Traveller’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Work with the team to manage social media, ensuring regular posts, which may include sponsored or offer based content.
- Create content that meets individual and team goals (e.g., engagement, traffic, conversion, time-on page, etc.).
- Post digital content using our in-house CMS.
- Demonstrate an ability to create engaging content to client briefs.
- Work independently and/or with video team to create successful video content relevant to your area of expertise.
- Work with the editor-in-chief and team to create a digital editorial calendar. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other members of the team.
- Support the editor-in-chief and the sales team as the force behind cntravellerme dot com, by supporting and helping to develop revenue-generating content strategies and establishing good relationships with PRs.
- Manage digital budget; spend on targeted promotions efficiently, and maintain a network of talented, reliable freelancers who can create content for Condé Nast Traveller.
- Meet individual weekly content volume targets as agreed with your manager (e.g., new posts, updated posts, new listings, updated listings, etc.). Put together weekly digital progress reports, to be shared with your manager.
- Work as an integrated member of a talented editorial team. Upskill them digitally where possible. Contribute to other brand extensions as needed and required by your manager.
- Embrace Condé Nast Traveller’s digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the travel market; use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for Condé Nast Traveller and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
- Undertake reviews or attend events outside of office hours.
Personal attributes and essential skills
- Is excited by analytics. Data-driven, but understand that brand longevity wins every time.
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow a digital business.
- A clear understanding of the financial and functional dynamics of a media business.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- Ability to articulate and repackage existing content so it works digitally.
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- A great respect for brand and willingness to learn everything about it in order to perform at the highest level.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- Strong organisational ability and a knack for prioritising accordingly.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a dynamic team-based environment. A collaborative approach is essential.
- A strong industry reputation. (desired)
- Fluent English.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
What we look for in a candidate
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be able to come up with creative, digitally relevant, on-brand story ideas and undertake research using a variety of sources
- Be quick to react to news and other timely industry-relevant stories
- Be commercially astute
- Have prior experience at a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think BIG
- Have excellent relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
- Adhoc projects as required
- Assisting in raising the profile of Condé Nast Traveller and ITP Media Group
- Any other reasonable requests from the company directors
- Positive brand recognition, consistency and engagement across digital channels.
- Organic website and social media traffic growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
Apply by completing the application form below.