TechRadar, Global Editor-in-Chief / Editorial Director (London / Bath / New York)
For over a decade, TechRadar has stood at the fore of consumer tech websites, winning fans and partners with content unlike any other. Now, powered by cutting-edge technology and with over 60 million online users, and part of the world’s largest consumer tech network, TechRadar is primed to supercharge its worldwide growth under bold new leadership.
Are you ready to lead the brand to even greater heights?
As Global Editor-in-Chief of TechRadar, you will inspire a team across USA, UK and Australia to develop and deliver on a content strategy that predicts and meets audience needs faster and better than ever before.
Under your direction, TechRadar will become a Top 5 consumer tech site in the US market, helping Future to significantly grow its American operations and market share. We believe the key to unlocking the full potential of the US will be the quality and relevance of TechRadar’s content that your experience and authority will shape.
TechRadar’s success has led to it becoming one of the most respected brands in the industry. As Global Editor-in-Chief, you will enhance its connections with longstanding manufacturers and forge relationships with new partners, uncovering new opportunities and energising content in innovative ways.
At TechRadar, content and data are entwined at the heart of every article. As Global Editor-in-Chief of a cutting-edge content creation methodology, you will champion the science behind the success, working with the Future Audience team to stay ahead of the competition and in the mind of the TechRadar user.
A passionate and dedicated captain, you will know how to best utilise your most valuable tool: your team. Committed to Future’s values and the betterment of its people, you will lead TechRadar’s talented team to achieve every ambition.
- Techradar has over 60m online users globally
- US audiences are growing 30% y-o-y
- Team of c.25 editorial staff
- Revenues are growing materially double digit
Key role responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the content strategy on techradar.com, including social, video and online content creation
- Manage and balance the business revenue needs across ecommerce and advertising with the editorial needs
- Directly run a team of journalists across New York, London and Bath while advising a team in Australia and licensed partners in India and the Middle East
- Budgetary cost management for the creation of content on the site
- Expand TechRadar’s brand presence within the industry with key partners
- Grow global audience and improve engagement metrics for the site, improve market leadership position in the US.
- Build a team that will drive further growth, including the development of new talent.
Essential skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable experience of leading journalists in a busy reviews led content environment
- World class SEO knowledge, with ability to use data at the heart of decision-making
- Experience at managing a sizeable budget
- A champion of ethical and accurate journalism
- Experience of brand building and generating traffic from sources other than google
- Good at thinking creatively, generating ideas for articles or subjects to cover.
- Adept at Stakeholder management
- The ability to work within passionate, vibrant editorial teams
- An understanding of the consumer tech market
- Experience of working on a growing digital brand
- Experience at dealing with advertising clients
- Experience with large ecommerce partners
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience at leveraging social media audiences
- Track record of influencing at the highest levels
- Track record of growing large audiences digitally
Click 'Apply' now.