Print Ambassador Supervisor
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included within the service team is the contact center operations team which is responsible for training, quality management, service performance reporting, service design and the systems that support the Customer Service team.
The Customer Service Supervisor - Delivery is part of the Customer Experience Team and reports to the Customer Support Manager. This is a highly visible position, responsible for ensuring a team of dedicated representatives provide superior customer service to Dow Jones customers, specifically supporting print delivery. The role requires liaising with other departments, including Circulation Managers and other delivery-related personnel to resolve issues. The Supervisor will help to develop innovative ways to improve delivery by proposing new processes and mapping out best practices for this new team.
Based in: Princeton
Reports to: Manager Customer Support
- Direct and monitor activities of assigned staff including goal-setting, performance management, coaching, training, and development plans to develop an effective team with a strong customer focus
- Determine scheduling and staffing needs to maintain service levels objectives
- Conduct telephone monitoring for direct reports and provide feedback for development purposes.
- Analyze customer service metrics to determine problem and opportunity areas and monitoring performance against goal
- Ensure that escalations to various departments are seamless to our customers
- Establish documentation, implement consistent processes, and train direct reports on all procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement with technology systems and procedures, and initiate appropriate action to implement process changes
- Perform “working manager” activities as necessary
- Proven management experience within a call center environment with inbound and outbound activities preferred, as well as knowledge of ACDs, call tracking systems, and call monitoring
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely decisions that benefit both the customer and the business
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently
- Commitment to customer satisfaction to provide quick and thorough response to customers' requests or problems
- Positive outlook on change and a flexible approach to the work environment and structure
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and reliability over the phone
- The hours for this position are 7:30am - 3:30pm; occasional Saturday hours may be required
- Experience in delivery operations in the publishing industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree is desirable
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com