Video Reporter, Arabian Business - Dubai
This is an exciting opportunity to relocate to Dubai and work with one of the region's largest media companies!
ITP Media Group with its portfolio of major international and regional brands reaches an audience of more than 34 million people across the region and beyond through its leading websites, social media platforms, events, conferences, award ceremonies, magazines, books and social media influencers agency.
We are now looking for a dynamic, talented and informed Video Reporter to ramp up the video content of the Middle East’s leading weekly business title, Arabian Business!
You are responsible for producing, reporting, writing and providing up-to-the-minute news along with in-depth analysis of the latest local, regional and international news and its influence on business in the Gulf.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Interviewing and daily reporting duties, in both recorded and live situations, within studios and in outdoor environments
- Setting up interviews, choosing shooting locations, investigating data from various sources, operating the camera, and creating news suitable for broadcasting
- Writing material for scripts, ensuring that editorial judgement is constantly exercised
- Gathering and preparing both audio and video materials, ensuring that appropriate footage is shot and edited in a timely manner
- Conceiving, creating and developing piece to camera stories and self-taken footage
- You will compile data from various sources, investigate, analyse and write punchy news stories as well as colourful features
- You will also work with editorial teams to ensure that voice overs are properly recorded and blended into the original footage
- Creating and maintaining effective liaison with local contacts by filling a public relations role
Qualifications and Desired Profile:
- With a degree in film journalism, the successful candidate will also have a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in business journalism
- Experience in video presenting, video editing, news writing and public is required
- We are looking for someone hardworking and ambitious, with an ability to communicate a wide range of business and technical information in an accessible and engaging format, an eye for detail and a relentless ability to hit deadlines
- You’re good at finding and presenting stories on a range of subjects and experience on national and local newspapers, as well as an understanding of the Gulf markets, is desirable but not essential
Regional travel will be required, so adaptability, patience and an open-minded approach to other cultures are essential. We offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to work on one of the region’s most dynamic brands.
This role is based in ITP Media Group’s HQ in Dubai.
Apply now by completing the application form below with your CV, cover letter and relevant clippings of your work!