Editor / Journalist Associate - Energy Executive Briefings, IHS Markit - DC
The role is for an editor/researcher in the Energy-Wide Perspectives team based in Washington DC. The role will require working with managers in the US.
We offer an opportunity to join a small, high-level team at IHS Markit editing executive summaries of energy-related analysis based on work done from different divisions across the company.
There is also a growing focus on creating original content, requiring independent writing and data collection capabilities.
The editor/researcher will work with the manager of the Strategic Horizons executive summaries service and with the Vice President who is head of the Energy-Wide Perspectives group.
- Provide editing and formatting services for 3-4 page energy-related (oil, gas, power, renewables, economics, geopolitics) documents which include words, charts and graphics.
- Take Excel charts, correct formats and place in documents.
- Use PowerPoint charts as necessary to support presentations and summaries.
- Interact with web-related posting colleague to ensure materials are put onto the client website in a timely and error free manner.
- Follow a detailed checklist to catalogue and save document-related materials.
- Interact with colleagues via email if more materials are needed to complete.
- Provide web-related research support to other team members on request.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail for formatting, grammar and word flow.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in learning about many energy-related topics as well as economics and geopolitics related to energy.
- Ability to interact with senior managers within the Energy-Wide team; head of service is in the US.
- Ability to handle quick turnaround, high-volume briefings to account for some time-sensitive analysis that requires quick turnaround. There are approximately 3 briefings per week.
- Ability to perform internet research, navigate primary sources for information on energy trends, in order to contribute to original material or client presentations as required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in editing and research, preferably in semi-technical areas such as economics or science.
- Extensive knowledge of economics and/or energy-related fields is a plus.
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in journalism, English, or other field which would enhance editing and research skills.
Click 'Apply' now.