Social / Off-Platform Editor, WSJ. Magazine - NY
- 3-5 years of journalism experience with relevant social-media experience
- Sound editorial judgment and clear understanding of WSJ. Magazine's news standards
- Experience producing and editing graphics, video and/or photos
- Understanding of and familiarity with social media publishing and analytics tools, including SocialFlow and Parse.ly
- Tech savvy; able to quickly learn and use new tools effectively
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Execute WSJ 's core social media strategy:
- Handle all duties associated with the day-to-day publishing of WSJ. Magazine content off-platform, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Experiment with emerging platforms and regularly collaborate with our Snapchat team on vertical-display packages.
- Coordinate with editorial and production teams to optimize content across all of the platforms where we publish.
- Maintain the WSJ. Magazine voice in headlines and share text, applying audience insights across platforms.
- Monitor comments and occasionally engage with readers across social platforms, including Facebook groups.
Support social media strategy at WSJ . Magazine:
- Help WSJ. Magazine staff craft social language and procure social-friendly promo art
- Attend planning meetings and identify stories with new audience development potential
- Liaise between wsjmag.com at http://wsjmag.com/ and the Audience and Analytics team to develop and implement off-platform promotion plans
- Stay informed about what the magazine is publishing on a short- and long-term basis; spot important stories and provide social guidance.
- Identify high-potential stories for Audience and Analytics team to set expectations on article performance before publication
- Collaborate with Audience/Analytics and the magazine to set expectations for article performance before publication
- Coordinate with Audience/Analytics and magazine staff to make improvements to under-performing articles in real time.
Refine social media strategy:
- Work with the Off-Platform Editor, WSJsocial team and Audience/Analytics team on the ongoing development and implementation of WSJ. Magazine's core social-media strategy
- Track FAQs and surface common problems from coverage area to the larger team
- Develop best practices and training for coverage areas, and help implement training as needed
- Ensure adherence to WSJ. Magazine guidelines; clarify and update the guidelines as necessary
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).