Deputy Editor - Audience and Analytics, The Wall Street Journal - NY
Support the Audience Editor in leading the global audience development and analytics team in engaging subscribers, identifying new audiences and growing traffic and engagement.
This key role will assist in driving applied strategy throughout the newsroom; drive innovation and experiments across desks; continue to build a data-informed culture; and help journalists understand audience data and its application in their specialty and concentration area.
The Deputy Editor will:
- Develop and support audience growth strategies throughout global newsroom.
- Work with news, editorial, product, tech, and commercial partners across the organization to develop data-driven strategies to leverage audience behavior trends, and spread best practices in digital publishing and promotion throughout the newsroom.
- Disseminate and develop best digital practices for audience acquisition, growth and retention, and provide training across organization.
- Work alongside coverage and bureau chiefs to create audience development plans for our priority stories and projects. Coordinate with the digital and platforms team to execute.
- Develop plans for pushing audience, coverage, distribution and programming strategies to the desks
- Develop a deep understanding of the Journal's audience and come equipped with ideas on how to acquire new audiences and deepen engagement with current audiences through social, search, media and partnerships.
- Own newsroom audience trends and insights for senior leadership in the WSJ newsroom and throughout Dow Jones- building a robust data-informed culture.
- Help define data strategy for the newsroom while delivering analysis and deep insights into reader and subscriber behavior, overseeing the production of dashboards, bespoke analyses and other data solutions.
- Work closely with Audience Editor to set vision for team, assist in overall team Skills and Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge and aptitude for newsroom data and audience analytics
- Advanced understanding of SEO and social tools and strategy; technical knowledge desired
- Excitement for audience engagement projects and enthusiasm for understanding new methods of mobile storytelling and promotion on social media, messaging apps and emerging platforms
- Experience working on partnerships, including tech companies and digital publishers
- Knowledge and expertise in newsletter and alert strategy preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, journalism preferred
- Editorial/journalism background
- 5+ years of demonstrated audience engagement and development expertise
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).