Research Editor - Due Diligence, Dow Jones Newswires - NJ
Custom Research is a unified group focused on bespoke solutions for our clients. This involves unique research which is tailored and optimized for our customers' specific needs.
The group is comprised of teams who:
- Research and write high-quality Due Diligence reports on companies and/or individuals
- Write targeted queries and hand select the most relevant news for My Company Today newsletters
- Provide one-off reports where entities and/or individuals are screened against negative references in the news
- Support WSJ Pro offerings via research and original writing on cybersecurity and other topics
The position sits within the Due Diligence subgroup, a global team based in Barcelona, Princeton and Singapore, which is responsible for researching/writing and reviewing/proofing of high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available and proprietary sources.
The role of the Research Editor is to research and write high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available and proprietary sources.
The Research Editor works closely with the other members of the Due Diligence team to ensure that the reports meet client requirements in terms of content quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
The Research Editor will work closely with the Due Diligence Quality Analysts and the Managers, who are responsible for delivering the Due Diligence reports and ensuring the quality of output by the research team in Barcelona, London, Princeton, Shanghai and Singapore.
The Research Editor may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects from time to time, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
We are looking for talented professionals to fill a vacancy in our Princeton office.
- Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence.
- Fluency in English AND a second language. The following languages will be given preference: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, Hebrew, Farsi, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its clients
- Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information. Library skills a plus
- Strong editing and proofreading skills. Prior experience in research or editorial role an advantage
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word, and good keyboard skills
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Ability to adapt readily to changing customer requirements, positive outlook on change, self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to prioritize and excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player with a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work, willingness to take ownership of tasks and issues and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion
- Understanding of when to request assistance or escalate issues to a manager
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs and politics; understanding of economics
- Specialist legal, business or financial knowledge an advantage
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).