News Editor - Enterprise, The Wall Street Journal - NY
A News Editor on the Enterprise Desk would join a team that helps shape the marquee journalistic work of The Wall Street Journal and ensures the quality, standards and excellence of our ambitious enterprise journalism.
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Edit enterprise stories, including but not limited to leders and aheds, and ensure they reach the pinnacle of journalistic quality.
- Help the Enterprise Editor assess stories and proposals and in doing so drive the agenda on our most important journalism.
- Be part of an effort to push our journalism into new formats.
- Quarterback each story and ensure the best possible launch, in terms of headlines, graphics and social promotion.
- Inspire our journalists to produce their best work on all platforms.
- Take ownership of marquee series.
- Show how major enterprise is both achievable and necessary for all reporters
- Help nurture promising talent in the newsroom.
Key Attributes / Knowledge / Experience
- Deep understanding of the brand values and mission of The Wall Street Journal -- digital and print -- and how our journalism should be selected and presented in line with those values.
- Deep understanding of the audience and membership structure, and how to use insight research and analytics to continually refine this understanding.
- Equally at home in digital media environments and print, with a track record of editing in both. Solid grasp of video and interactive graphics as content formats.
- Understand modern and innovative journalism and storytelling techniques.
- Superb news judgment
Position in hierarchy / reporting lines
- Reports to: Enterprise Editor
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).