Evening Standard, Online Editorial Assistant
Standard.co.uk is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual keen to make that first leap into the world of digital publishing.
You will ideally have a journalism/media qualification with some prior experience in a newsroom environment.
The successful candidate will have a keen news sense and an appreciation of what type of content works well online. You will have an appreciation of what makes engaging and shareable content and have social media and SEO awareness to maximise audience potential.
You will be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace and have the flexibility to work within a 24/7 rota.
Duties and essential skills include:
- Working to and with section editors to carry out day-to-day editorial tasks
- Using our CMS to publish stories onto the website
- Providing editors, both print and online, with links to content that needs to be promoted via contributors’ social media channels
- Scouring websites and other online platforms for engaging and shareable content
- Learning to produce relevant and accurate content for our target audience
- Experience of using analytics platforms
- Helping research and provide background for stories
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations by completing the application form below.
Closing date: Friday March 9 2018.