Video Journalist, The Wall Street Journal - CA
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a creative and highly talented Video Journalist to join our team in San Francisco creating deeply informative and engaging visual storytelling on a freelance basis.
- The ability to convey news and tell stories in creative ways using high-quality video, graphics and animation.
- Strong interest in personal technology news, gadget reviews and trends in the technology industry.
- Must have a strong interest in journalism, and an understanding of The Wall Street Journal's core topic areas.
- Can work in partnership with text reporters and editors to develop video scripts that get to the heart of the story.
- Should be a versatile videographer who is confident in shooting video using a range of different cameras in a variety of environments – from the studio to challenging outdoor shoots.
- Must have a good understanding of the Adobe suite, with a high level of expertise in Premiere, and basic knowledge in After Effects.
- Should be flexible with travel and have proven experience of meeting tight deadlines in high-pressure situations.
You should be a self-starting idea generator and your reel should demonstrate vision and versatility. An interest in creating innovative styles, video series and story templates is a plus. This is a three month contract position.
Strong preference will be given to those who can display skills as an expert shooter and editor, create well-designed motion graphics and think out of the box about mobile video formats.
We expect to see at least three examples of video work that you have shot or edited yourself.
Click 'Apply' now. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.