Telegraph Media Group, Production Journalist - Part Time
The Production Journalist should have high-quality production skills and show initiative in their approach to bringing newspaper pages to sign-off, whether on news, comment and features, business or sport.
Working in tandem with our dedicated team at PA, you will prepare pages to be subbed and then review and revise them to ensure that they meet Telegraph standards.
Please note that this is a part-time position, working Fridays and Sundays.
- Provide the necessary skills and experience to serve as a team member in the production of our newsprint products across seven days (on a rota basis).
- Set a high standard of quality in the production of pages, revising work completed by the production team at PA, or individual subbing of stories, headlines or captions, across seven days (on a rota basis) as directed by senior production journalists (SPJs) or the Head of Production.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met with regard to the production of newsprint products.
- Maintain a flexible approach at all times, willing and able to turn a hand to any section of the main paper, the Business or Sport section
- Support the senior production team - SPJs or above - by making themselves available for new tasks after completing their existing work.
Specific requirements & skills
- Have a proven track record for accuracy and attention to detail, ideally with back-bench experience.
- Be expert in use of all print-production systems, for words, pictures and graphics.
- Have a flair for the "look" of pages including headlines, captions, graphics and pictures.
- Be capable of re-writing copy and captions to a high standard.
- Show flexibility and willingness to adopt new techniques, streamlining of production processes.
- Be capable of accepting instructions from senior colleagues and translating those instructions into ready-for-sign-off pages, with minimal supervision.
Click 'Apply' now.