Food Editor, Time Out - Abu Dhabi
Time Out Abu Dhabi is looking for a Food Editor!
The successful candidate will be responsible for Time Out Abu Dhabi’s Food section across both print and digital platforms, and for steering the brand’s annual Restaurant Awards process.
As key part of the Time Out Abu Dhabi team, you will be a strong writer and communicator, have excellent organisational and communication skills and a track record of gaining and breaking exclusives.
You will have an understanding of Time Out Abu Dhabi’s digital targets, and be driven to contribute to the team hitting them.
- Producing weekly food content that is digital-ready
- Compiling weekly Food events page
- Contributing daily news stories to timeoutabudhabi.com
- Managing Time Out Abu Dhabi’s Food newsletters
- Curating, managing and populating the Food section of timeoutabudhabi.com.
- Pitching and producing features on a weekly basis that work both online and in print (inside and outside the Food remit)
- Pitching ideas for and helping produce Time Out Abu Dhabi’s weekly video content
- Gaining exclusives for Time Out Abu Dhabi by fostering solid relationships with PRs, marketing teams, managers and chefs across the city
- Having knowledge of new openings, existing restaurants, closures and trends in the city
- Visiting as many restaurants as possible to ensure a real depth and breadth of knowledge of the scene
- Developing relationships with key industry players and faces across Abu Dhabi
- Undertake reviews outside of office hours.
- Undertake adhoc projects as required
- Assisting in raising the profile of Time Out GCC and ITP Media Group
- Any other reasonable requests from the company directors
Knowledge and experience:
- At least two years’ experience writing to weekly and daily deadlines
- Understanding of Abu Dhabi’s dynamic and varied restaurant, and an appreciation/open mind towards a whole range of different experiences, from road-side cafés to five-star dining rooms
- Understanding of digital platforms and SEO
- CMS experience
- InDesign experience
Personal attributes and essential skills:
- A focused and organised person with an understanding for the importance of deadlines
- Able to work independently and deliver on time
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt and work efficiently and effectively within a variety of different timeframes and situations
- An interest in going out and getting to know the scene and city they should be the lead authority on
- An interest and understanding of the global food scene
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics we all share.
To join our team you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think BIG
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
This role is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Relocation package as well as work visa and medical coverage is on offer for the right candidate!
To apply, please complete the application form below to submit your latest CV and a cover letter which tells us why you want the role and explains why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.