Evening Standard, Assistant Digital Shopping Editor
The ES Digital Features team
The Evening Standard’s Digital Features team incorporates three key pillars: Lifestyle, Going Out and Entertainment. Each section is committed to delivering the latest news, reviews and features on the best trends and topical issues. We deliver quality cross-platform content for a global urban audience.
The dynamic, fast-growing team covers a wide spectrum of subjects from restaurants and bars to fashion, travel and fitness. We champion the arts as well as covering breaking celebrity and TV stories.
The Evening Standard website (standard.co.uk) is looking for a talented journalist with an in-depth knowledge of the Lifestyle sector and a strong understanding of creating shoppable content.
The candidate will be tasked with bringing in quality freelance writers and influencers.
Candidates will have experience in working within a fast-paced target-driven digital team, with proven digital publishing skills and the ability to write, commission and edit compelling, revenue-driving content (including video content).
An element of which may be sourcing products, to trial and review, from a wide range of merchants.
- A motivated individual with a passion for Lifestyle with a shoppable element.
- You will be exceptionally well organised and a confident strategist.
- You will have worked in a fast paced editorial environment and be enthused by the challenge of working on a new project.
- You will have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit and with a desire to help grow a section
- You will be flexible about working hours.
- You will have strong computer knowledge including experience using CMS related software
- You will commission, manage and edit content from freelancers to a high degree
- Writing, commissioning and editing content – including product review round-ups and buying guides – to tight deadlines including daily content creation/uploading.
- Working with a trusted network of freelance contributors, to include experts and influencers to create content to satisfy SEO, social and commercial targets
- Producing and publishing to a high standard on a CMS
- Refreshing and updating current content to build up and maintain SEO-driven traffic levels
- Will publish across social media channels, including creating and managing a Pinterest account.
- Meet traffic and commercial targets
- Sourcing freelancers and managing their content based on a set schedule, ensuring output is accurate with an understanding of the legal risks when publishing any content.
- Calling in products for review when necessary and ensuring constant professionalism when liaising with PR
Skills and Experience
- Keen and comprehensive interest in all subjects that are part of standard.co.uk/shopping
- Proven experience in digital publishing and experience in e-commerce/affiliate marketing
- Strong organisation and communication skills at every level
- A strong understanding and contact book of PRs, writers and influencers and experts in relevant fields
- Experience in managing and commissioning freelancers
- Good forward planning skills and the ability to manage your schedule without supervision
- Experience in contributing to and growing social media platforms, in particular Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram
- Strong understanding of SEO
- Record of pitching, researching and writing clean, compelling and accurate copy
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations by completing the application form below.