Digital Editor, Grazia Middle East - Dubai
ITP Media Group is seeking a dynamic, talented and driven Digital Editor to manage, lead and launch Grazia Middle East’s inaugural website.
The right candidate will have solid, proven experience working across both online and social-media platforms and web for desktop and mobile, and be adept at seamlessly moving between commercial and editorial projects with flair.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible, expanding team on one of the world’s leading magazine brands, and a chance to create and build a fresh, engaging and innovative new digital presence in the GCC and beyond.
- To be continually one step ahead, overseeing and bringing in news, exclusives and content that fully represent the Grazia brand, reflect the reader and the region, and are delivered with energy and creativity.
- To develop a digital editorial strategy and editorial calendar that works in tandem with print and social media.
- Work closely with the Grazia team across both editorial and commercial angles.
- To manage the workload and upload process of the site on a daily basis, as well as relevant social-media platforms (currently including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
- Source and manage talented freelance media specialists for video creation, shoots and features.
- The ability to work with a small team, over long hours if needed, in order to hit deadlines.
- A working knowledge of basic content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress and/or Drupal is essential. A fair knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is preferable.
- To gatekeep and act as quality control to all content being uploaded to all digital platforms.
- To work closely with Mondadori HQ in Milan to manage necessary approvals on content from international Grazia titles.
Additional skills required:
- Creative, curious and passionate, with an impeccable eye and even better grammar.
- Second-to-none knowledge of the Grazia reader and brand with the knack for knowing what she wants to read before she does.
- Ability to think outside the box, blending a creative sensibility with commercial know-how.
- Next-level organisational skills in order to produce and manage structured, scheduled content.
- Must thrive under pressure, possess exceptional attention to detail and be team player.
- Lives online, bursting with contacts, ideas and energy with the agility to juggle multiple priorities.
- Sensitive to specific requirements and cultural considerations presented by the region.
The right candidate will be passionate about the Grazia brand, excited about their role to play in its digital future, and whose dynamic energy will be clearly parlayed into the most exciting new website launch to date.
They should have a strong grasp and understanding of media as a whole, having had at least two years’ experience at Digital Editor level on a title or brand focussed on women’s lifestyle or fashion.
They should be as comfortable working alone as they are in a team, and be able to write about fashion and feminism with equal sophistication. Being proactive, positive, responsible and dedicated are all imperative, as well as being a natural communicator, socially and culturally switched-on, and possessing a great, can-do attitude.
Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the Digital Editor will manage a daily upload system that encompasses marketing collateral (newsletters, events and commercial competitions) plus any freelance image/video support required for specific projects or busy periods.
Candidates should appreciate that the role is based in Dubai and is office based, however travel on key projects may be required.
We offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to work on one of the region's most dynamic brands. Final package will be determined based on suitability and level of experience.
Please apply by completing the application form below with a copy of your CV and a cover letter reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for this role.