US Curated Content Writer / Editor, Financial Times - NY
Newsletters and curated content are a core part of the Financial Times’ engagement strategy and a growth area in the newsroom.
With a portfolio of newsletters that range in topic and format, and new products being developed and launched, newsletters are some of our most powerful tools for engaging with our audience.
This New York-based journalist will be the US lead for the FT’s curation team, which is based in London, New York and Hong Kong, and sits within the Audience Engagement team.
The job involves writing, editing and promoting the Asian edition of the flagship daily newsletter FirstFT, supporting other newsletters including Swamp Notes, Authers' Note and Due Diligence, and exploring and developing additional newsletters and other curation-related editorial products.
It also involves close collaboration with the greater Audience engagement team, to help develop digital strategies for reaching and engaging audiences via curated products.
- Curating and writing FirstFT Asia
- Supporting the commissioning and editing of Swamp Notes, Authers' Note and Due Diligence
- Working closely with contributors to the newsletters to help them understand and optimise what works best in those formats, tracking impact using editorial analytics dashboards and feeding back to contributors
- Supporting and developing other curation projects including periodically the weekly FirstFT Quiz, and other new projects
- Evaluating and exploring new formats, tone and types of content to improve engagement
- Responsibility, in collaboration with the broader curation team and the social media team, for the social and onsite promotion of the newsletters, including producing social media posts and optimising and requesting onsite promotion for online article versions of newsletters
- Collaborating actively with the audience engagement team, both those members in NY and in London and Hong Kong, to help with broader engagement and reach strategies that involve curation and newsletters
- Playing a role in deciding how best to promote output emanating from the New York and other US bureaux, including communicating with the NY news desk and the social media team in New York about important stories, trending topics, relevant archive stories
- Using social listening tools like Crowdtangle and Newswhip, and editorial analytics dashboards, to get insights to help inform curatorial choices and promotional recommendations
The job is Sunday-Thursday.
Click 'Apply' now.