Photo Editor, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
The Wall Street Journal, the nation's largest daily newspaper, has an opening for a Photo Editor in our New York City based photo department.
What the position is:
This is an opportunity to work with a great team of visual journalists in our main newsroom. The position will be photo editing one of our core Finance Sections.
The role involves assigning, (portrait, reportage, conceptual) deep and enterprising research skills and full digital publishing abilities. An interest in the financial and corporate industries is a plus.
This is a full time position in our New York City office. Competitive salary, great benefits and vacation allowance.
Who we are looking for:
A Photo editor with great range, who is able to pull together complex photo assignments, undertake strong agency and social media research, communicate with reporters around the globe - and work at speed on breaking and daily news with the editors and chiefs of your section.
A qualified candidate has a Bachelor's degree at minimum and should have at least 2 years experience in a photo editing or multimedia position. Excellent proven journalistic and digital skills, as well as strong communication abilities and social media experience are necessary.
Some of the daily tasks:
- Producing and posting daily newsroom visual content with an attention to detail (concise headlines and text blocks, well-edited photos, appropriate links to related content).
- Producing and maintaining content such as photo galleries, web tools, databases and other multimedia and interactive packages.
- Working with editors and reporters to post breaking news photos quickly and accurately, and enhancing them with additional digital content.
- Working with editors and reporters to tell narrative, investigative, feature and other enterprise stories on multiple platforms including print.
- Looking at real-time data and making suggestions on story and photo placement.
- Helping reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- Strategizing on the best use of social media to promote Journal content.
Some of the skills needed:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Click 'Apply' now.