Newsweek is looking for a newsletter and briefings producer to help expand our portfolio in our mission to make Newsweek.com a destination for those seeking common ground on important topics and content that is informative and illuminating.
We’re looking for a versatile producer who has excellent knowledge of U.S. and international news and is also abreast of current trends in pop culture, science and more. The ideal candidate should be able to identify reader trends quickly, write engaging summaries and original content around the news and be able to react on a dime to help spin up new offerings tailored to drive newsletter audience growth.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent writer who can create clean copy and demonstrate sharp news judgment.
- Be able to provide writing samples or a portfolio showcasing your ability to write engaging content.
- Be able to share how they would help elevate our brand in the newsletter space.
- Be comfortable using real-time tools data and embracing AI technology to help research and identify trends and topics for coverage.
Our office is based in London, but you will have the ability to work from home anywhere in the UK. This is a full-time role, working Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- Write for, commission and help edit our flagship newsletter The Bulletin and grow its imprint and impact.
- Launch new newsletters to build daily and/or weekly appointments with the Newsweek audience.
- Assist the social team in engaging audiences across platforms.
- Help turn briefing journalism into habit-forming behavior with audiences and user subscriptions.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.