Social Media Manager
Do you know how to identify and engage with audiences across social platforms?
PinkNews is hiring for a Social Media Manager with a strong understanding of a range of social channels to lead a small team of social media executives. If you’re someone with a willingness to experiment with new formats and approaches then we want to hear from you.
PinkNews is the largest and most influential LGBTQ+-led media publisher in the world. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves, we do so by reaching over 150 million unique users per month across our website, app and social platforms.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with our innovative content teams to execute comprehensive social media strategies for both editorial and video content. You’ll increase brand awareness, engagement and audience reach whilst levelling your expertise in audience analysis and algorithms to establish PinkNews’ presence on emerging platforms.
Location: Hybrid working - London office 2 days per week
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Hours: This role may include some shift and weekend work
Closing date: 5th January 2023
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Audience Development: Identify, target, and engage specific audience segments across various social media platforms. Understand audience behaviour and devise strategies to attract, retain, and interact with these audiences.
- Content Planning and Creation: Develop and maintain a comprehensive content calendar. Create compelling, authentic, and platform-specific content that resonates with our target audience and aligns with our brand voice.
- Cross-Platform Management: Oversee and manage all company social media accounts, ensuring brand consistency across all platforms.
- Analytics and Reporting: Regularly track, analyse, and report on key performance metrics. Utilise insights to inform and adjust social media strategies.
- Social Media Strategy: Develop and implement effective social media strategies that align with business goals and objectives. Constantly refine strategies based on performance metrics.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Work with the senior leadership team to contribute to overall organisational strategy and business growth plans
- Training and Development: Provide training and guidance to other team members on social media best practices and strategies.
- Budget Management: Manage and allocate budget for social media activities, ensuring cost-effective allocation of resources.
Skills you’ll need:
- Experience at a publisher/editorial company is a must
- Expertise with social media and digital tools, and a willingness to experiment with new formats and approaches.
- A deep understanding of the global LGBTQ+ community and the issues that affect it, as well as an awareness of the wider political and cultural landscape.
- Experience managing a small team of social media executives and prioritise workloads
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, content, and design, to develop and implement social media campaigns aligned with overall marketing objectives.
- Strong analytic skills with experience of leveraging social media analytics tools to measure, track, and report on key performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations for optimising future campaigns.
- A passion for social media trends and staying updated on the latest trends, emerging platforms, and industry developments
- The ability to monitor and analyse social media trends, audience behaviour, and industry best practices to identify opportunities for improving our social media presence and enhancing audience engagement.
- 35 days annual leave
- An extra day of leave for your birthday
- 24/7 access to mental health support
- Instant access to regular counselling & therapy sessions, booked directly through Slack
- Unlimited access to our well-being and mental health resource centre
- Instant access to independent financial, legal and other advice for you and your family members
- Funded training and development opportunities
- Fully funded socials, activities and away days
- Monthly team awards
- Progressive workplace policies including Transitioning At Work
- Commitment to hybrid and flexible working
- Macbook, home office equipment
- Mental Health First Aiders (training available)
What to do next:
Click apply and send your application through to us and we will get back to you as soon as we can. If you don’t think you meet all the criteria but you’re interested in the role and want to find out more, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
PinkNews is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to be your authentic self at work.
As the leading LGBTQ+ media brand, we want to use our platform to amplify voices and represent our diverse audience.