An exciting opportunity to join The Telegraph’s audio department as we launch a new daily news podcast. You will be part of a growing audio team at the heart of the Telegraph’s newsroom, joining the producers behind our award-winning narrative storytelling projects such as Bed of Lies, and our ambitious daily Ukraine podcast, Ukraine: the latest. You will work in collaboration with dozens of the UK's best reporters, correspondents and writers.
The role will include hands-on production and audio editing of this new daily show. The ideal candidate will have a background in news radio, current affairs or news podcasts, or audio documentaries. They will be able to demonstrate experience of working accurately and to tight deadlines, have a track record for developing audio-first original ideas, and the technical and creative skills to make our audio shine.
A love of news and a knowledge of the wider news podcast landscape are also essential.
- To act as Producer of The Telegraph’s new daily news podcast, working alongside our Head of Podcasts and producers, to deliver the show.
- This will include planning, scripting, studio recording, editing and publishing.
- You may also be required to work on bonus audio content for our subscribers
- To be a key part of the team testing, creating and producing the new flagship podcast for The Telegraph.
- To help make the new show one of the most popular daily news podcasts in the UK within 12 months of its launch
- A good foundation of experience working on information-rich audio shows - whether for radio, podcasts, or or both
- Experience creating daily journalism content, demonstrating a skill in working to tight deadlines
- A strong sense of editorial judgement and knowledge of media law
- Understanding of The Telegraph voice and what would make a good running order for a Telegraph daily news show
- Experience recording in studios and on location
- Experience with audio editing software and able to edit accurately with a short turnaround
- Passion for podcasting as a medium
- Creative flair when it comes to audio treatments, able to find new ways to present news stories
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs
- Experience working with a wider newsroom and high profile journalists and presenters
Desirable skills useful for the role
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Audition and Premiere)
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Level 3 Disability Confident Leader as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.