Consumer Affairs Writer
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Consumer Affairs Writer to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Good Housekeeping, Men’s Health, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history
ABOUT THE ROLE
Part of Good Housekeeping’s specialist consumer affairs department, working across multiple platform – digital, print, social and app. Generating topical, relevant, accessible money and consumer advice content with good SEO. Involved in writing, updating and building newsletters; and creating money content for Financially Fabulous newsletters and any additional supplements, as required. Repurposing money content for other Hearst UK brands, as required.
- Initiating consumer and money ideas for print and digital, based on good SEO and a knowledge of the Good Housekeeping audience.
- Creating content for, image research and building newsletters.
- Writing consumer, money and household advice content for all Good Housekeeping platforms.
- Repurposing money content for other Hearst brands, including Prima and Red, as required.
- Supporting the Consumer Affairs Directors, including keeping a record of the team’s output (print archive and SEO-driven digital content), dealing with invoices and other admin support as needed.
- Liaising with social media team to promote our content on social platforms.
- To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Working as a member of the consumer team within the Good Housekeeping and Good Housekeeping Institute brand team.
- Working under the guidance and direction of the Consumer Affairs Directors.
- Building a contacts book of money and consumer experts and PRs.
- Contact with other editorial portfolios from time to time.
- Contact with production and visual centres of excellence.
Knowledge and Skills
- Speedy and thorough writer with an ability to think analytically and excellent attention to detail.
- Sound knowledge of SEO and aptitude with Google Analytics
- Driven by the desire to help, advise, inform and empower.
- Ability to work through set tasks independently and anticipate what might be required next. To take ownership of newsletter creation and building.
- A motivated, inquisitive and adaptable writer with a keen interest in consumer affairs, personal finance and news writing – desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro-rata for part-time or fixed-term employees.
- Hybrid working model. 3 days a week in our London office.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause.
- Life assurance and pension scheme.
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.