Household Advice Editor
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Household Advice Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Good Housekeeping, Men’s Health, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
You will oversee and execute the brand’s household advice content strategy working with key stakeholders to plan, curate and build must-read practical household content across all GH platforms covering topics including decluttering, household organisation, cleaning hacks and product reviews.
This role is essential to deliver a key content pillar for Good Housekeeping and the Good Housekeeping Institute and will involve time in both the London and Feltham offices. You will also work with video and social media teams and, when needed, alongside the GHI’s testing team.
- Plan Good Housekeeping's Household Advice content strategy that delivers ever green and seasonal, practical household content brimming with information, advice and cleaning hacks that attract new and returning audiences to this popular content category across GH’s multiple platforms.
- Create, produce and manage high-quality highly discoverable content. Work with the Good Housekeeping Institute to create cleaning content ensuring all household advice adheres to the brand’s ‘tried, tested and trusted’ promise. Create, repurpose and edit household content for inclusion on the GH website, print magazine and membership app and social platforms.
- Ensure respective colleagues have informative, traffic-driving household management features to include in weekly newsletters.
- Develop an SEO strategy focusing on growing the household advice and decluttering sections – updating existing features while planning and prioritising a schedule of new content.
- Work with the video team, filming household and organisation/decluttering advice, proofing and approving finished video edits. Develop new, informative video franchises with the video team around household advice content. Help grow on-site video revenue.
- Collaborate with GH’s social media manager on engaging household advice ideas for use across all our relevant platforms, from Instagram to TikTok.
- Work closely with the Central and GHI Homes teams on E Commerce and taking on affiliate content where opportunities grow revenues.
- Proactively create content franchises that can be sold by the advertising team. Support the advertising team on proactive and reactive ad pitches.
- The role will involve a strong analytical approach to all key data & insight points to support constant improvements against Key Performance Indicators. You will also be expected to be on top of and communicating trends in the homes landscape that can support brand growth through audience development, content creation and revenue generation.
- You will be targeted on the Homes Channel Reach, Frequency of Returning Visitors, E Commerce Revenue Generation and conversion of unknown audiences to known audiences.
- Proactively support our drive to improve diversity and inclusion. Take on ad hoc project when requested. You will be expected to adhere to the company’s hybrid working policy and to representing the brand, where appropriate, attending relevant events, including reader events, which may be in the evening. You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- This is an ideal job for a journalist who is an authority on all areas of household management.
- You will be comfortable writing decluttering, organisation and household advice while also testing and editing cleaning hacks. Experience of working on a consumer website and or/magazine.
- Previous experience of product testing is an advantage.
- Knowledge of SEO
- Experience of uploading content online and knowledge of different social media platforms.
- Ability to generate and translate ideas and concepts into trusted digital features.
- Proven experience and talent for writing for print and/or web.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- Enthusiastic and with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A genuine interest for the topics that goodhousekeeping.co.uk covers.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro-rata for part-time or fixed-term employees.
- Hybrid working model. 3 days a week in our London office.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause.
- Life assurance and pension scheme.
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.