Health and Fitness Writer - Women's Health
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Health and Fitness Writer to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Good Housekeeping, Men’s Health, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Women’s Health is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Health and Fitness writer to create content across digital, print and membership platforms, while also feeding into video, social and brand extensions. This is a pivotal role within the editorial team and an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who’s both passionate and knowledgeable about health and fitness.
- Contribute to daily news meetings, weekly content, monthly features meetings.
- Write sparkling, engaging copy across multiple platforms, whether you’re writing for SEO, social or print.
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager to contribute regular content to the Women’s Health UK social channels, adapting to changes in social strategy.
- With the support of the Fitness Director, you’ll meet and exceed brand KPIs through traffic, engagement, e-commerce, video views and other channels as required.
- You’ll be an ambassador for the WH brand, attending product launches, workout classes and commercial events where appropriate.
- You’ll engage with industry experts, PTs, dietitians and psychologists to develop a health and fitness contacts book that’s the best in the business
- To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- You’ll be plugged into the health and fitness world, from TikTok to Science Daily, with an understanding of what makes a good health story
- You’ll have experience writing for digital and print, with proven understanding of SEO and social
- You’ll ideally have experience working for a high-profile lifestyle brand
- You’ll be comfortable and experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- You’ll have experience of CMS
- You’ll have existing relationships with fitness talent, PRs and brands
- You’ll demonstrate excellent communication skills, be highly organised and have the agility to embrace the various demands of this role
- A personal training qualification would be an advantage
- You’ll have a demonstrable interest in health and fitness
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro-rata for part-time or fixed-term employees.
- Hybrid working model. 3 days a week in our London office.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause.
- Life assurance and pension scheme.
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.