Editorial Internship (12 month and 3 month placements available)
We are looking for an editorial intern for a placement at SquareMeal. As an editorial intern, you will be part of our small, busy editorial team, responsible for lots of written content, as well as creating video content for social media channels.
During your placement you will have the opportunity to:
- Write! Writing content is a big part of the job - the SquareMeal editorial team produces a huge amount of content every month and you’ll be a key part of that. You’ll be required to write news stories, features and listicles, restaurant and venue descriptions, and restaurant reviews.
- Create social video content - SquareMeal has multiple busy social channels and we post lots of social content to engage with our audience. You’ll be required to create fun, engaging social content, particularly social videos for Instagram and TikTok.
- Learn how to create SEO-friendly content - understanding how to create content with SEO in mind is a vital part of being a digital journalist. We’ll show you how to do that over the course of three months.
- Experience working in an exciting, fast-paced media organisation.
- Must be a competent writer and fluent English speaker, ideally with some experience of writing either in a journalism environment or at degree level
- Interest in food and restaurants is vital
- You’ll need to have great organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
This placement is an office placement - the editorial team is based at SquareMeal’s offices in Vauxhall, London and you’ll be required to be in the office four days a week, with one flexible work-from-home day a week.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter and salary expectations.