Art Director, Barron's
locations: NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
time type: Full time
job requisition id: Job_Req_37733
Barron’s is seeking an experienced digital-focused but print-familiar Art Director to join its top-ranking visuals team. The ideal candidate will be a forward-looking visual storyteller with a proven track record for executing sophisticated solutions to complex concepts.
This person would be joining an award-winning group rich in talent, experience and teamwork, so strong communication skills and a collegial approach to work are required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and no more than three work samples to the link provided or to David.Cho@barrons.com, Bob.Rose@barrons.com, and Chelsea.Schiff@barrons.com
We're looking for a creative collaborator who can:
- Work alongside editors, reporters, data reporters, and other visual journalists to develop visual approaches to Barron’s journalism across digital, social and print
- Communicate ideas and direction effectively to both interior and exterior collaborators
- Conceptualize and commission original artwork from illustrators, animators and other creatives
- Utilize UX/UI direction/thinking in relation to developing rich storytelling experiences across platforms
- Distill data into easily digestible visualizations and walk readers through complex information in an engaging way
- Minimum 5 years of design experience with 3 years in an editorial environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Adobe CC expertise
- Basic HTML + CSS, other applicable web languages related to data visualization
- At ease working in a digital CMS, e.g., Wordpress
- Experience with Figma is a plus
- Experience with Methode or other print-related CMS is a plus
- Interest in and understanding of the financial world is a plus
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Union Status: Non-Union role
Pay Range: $65,000 - $200,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..