McCloskey by OPIS is hiring an experienced ferrous scrap reporter for its metals and mining price reporting team. The role will be based in the United States.
Ferrous Scrap Editor
About the Role/Position:
You will work within an international team leveraging our strengths in coal and carbon markets to expand into steel and steel feedstocks raw materials such as iron ore, scrap, manganese as part of McCloskey's expansion into the metals and mining segment and focus on raw materials markets that are driving the energy transition.
The deliverables will include daily and weekly price gathering and regular market intelligence updates on ferrous scrap markets with particular emphasis on US markets.
- Research and report on news and developments in the ferrous scrap markets and build out regular market intelligence updates
- Gather trade activity data, verify and validate the data and calculate ferrous scrap price assessments in line with the price methodology
- Work with the team to develop new ferrous scrap price assessments with a focus on North America
- Network with industry market participants and constantly expand your pool of contacts
- Represent McCloskey in metals conferences/forums
Key Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3 years journalism experience, preferably in scrap markets
- Strong communication, writing, and networking skills, with the ability to work under tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Journalism, English, Finance or Business.
- Ability for source development and market engagement. Extensive contact book and familiarity with the industry is a plus.
- Experience with spreadsheets and commodity data analysis.
- Self-motivated, business-minded and results driven. Detail oriented and innovative thinker.
- Confident and charismatic in engagement and communication
REGION SPECIFIC - TO BE ADDED BY RECRUITMENT
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Data Analytics/Warehousing & Business Intelligence
Pay Range: $50,000 - $180,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37769