Editor, Forecourt Trader
The fast-evolving transformation needed to serve a new era of electric vehicles makes the forecourt sector an incredibly exciting space.
The Retail Business Unit which includes The Grocer brand family is looking to inform and support forecourt and convenience operators, major oil companies and suppliers on this exciting journey through its dedicated website for this important retailing community.
Forecourt Trader is the leading information source at the beating heart of this dynamic retail sector, a highly respected focal point for service station owners and operators, major oil companies, supermarket chains, as well as shop and equipment suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with colleagues on The Grocer, the multi-award-winning B2B publication that spans the broader grocery retail sector, but as befits the salary, will also ideally be a self-starter, someone with the confidence and competence to keep the industry informed and engaged with ongoing developments, writing and editing news and opinion, providing advice, interviewing the sector’s biggest stars, explaining and challenging legislation, and offering behind the scenes insight into some of the best fuel- and food-to-go retailing operations in the UK, Europe and the world.
The hope would also be that you could act as a media figurehead, and help develop and host events, including the sector’s most prestigious awards.
- Managing a small team as well as freelancers covering the latest developments in the fuel retailing sector, across fuel and stores via the dedicated website and newsletters.
- Building and maintaining excellent industry contacts – with both retailers and the supplier base serving the sector -- attending relevant trade events and conferences.
- Acting as a media figurehead, developing and hosting events, including the sector’s most prestigious awards.
- Managing and developing communities on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Working with a senior team to develop the brand offer and meet the evolving needs of the sector.
Required experience and skills
We are looking for a multi-media journalist and editor with strong experience of B2B journalism, someone who’s comfortable using a content management system, and ideally with social media and video/audio production skills, though these skills can also be taught, as we are committed to investment in developing our people.
- Trained B2B journalist with experience of writing, commissioning and editing news and features
- Highly collaborative and management capability
- Imaginative and strong sense of initiative
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full driving licence and interest in motoring
Please apply via the application form with an up to date copy of your CV, a covering letter and clips / examples of your writing.
Company Benefits Include:
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us?
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.