About Our Organization:
Dow Jones is a global news and business information provider, delivering content to consumers and organizations worldwide across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile, and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's most significant news-gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products, including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
About the Team:
Dow Jones powers businesses, governments, and financial institutions with award-winning journalism, in-depth content archiving and indexing, robust data sets, and flexible information tools. Whether you want to uncover market advantage, integrate data into a workflow, or manage risk, Dow Jones has a portfolio of solutions to meet your information needs.
About the Role:
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a global provider of third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. We deliver data, research tools, and services to help our clients meet anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, anti-corruption, and economic sanctions regulations and mitigate third-party risk.
You will join a team of multilingual experts who research, record, and update details on individuals and entities mentioned in Sanctions and Other Official Lists (Special Lists) issued by government bodies and regulators around the world, for example, the Office of Foreign Assets Control in the US, national law enforcement bodies or securities regulators. You will report to the Manager, Sanctions, and Other Official Lists. You will be based in Princeton.
You will report to the Sanctions and Other Official Lists Manager in Data Strategy.
- Create and update profiles of individuals and entities mentioned in Sanctions & Other Official Lists (Special Lists) and quality check their information by continually monitoring and analysing relevant publicly available sources as well as data on Dow Jones owned products and specific directories
- Research and extract relevant data adhering to team guidelines
- Ensure that profiles are complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Respond in writing to clients' questions about Special Lists content
- Monitor changes in sanctions, counter-terrorism financing and anti-money laundering regulations
- Write due diligence reports on companies and/or individuals as required and contribute to other projects
- Contribute to workflow improvements and tool efficiencies
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following languages: Russian, Ukrainian
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Proofreading skills and experience handling large volumes of information
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- A reliable and responsible attitude
- An openness to different views and appreciation of team diversity
- The ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of the workings of the global Sanctions landscape
- Automation skills, such as advanced knowledge of Excel, Macros/VBA programming, Python, HTML and/or SQL
- Education to a degree level or relevant experience
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data Analytics/Warehousing & Business Intelligence
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37515